Tuesday, April 30, 2013

Celebrate Cupcake Card

I am so in love with Tim Holtz's new blue print stamps!! (Stamper's Anonymous) I can see me making many many cards, tags, and layouts with these!! Here's a tag I recently made for a friend's birthday!
I started off stamping the cupcake stamp directly onto the tag, then stamping it a second time on white cardstock (Bazzill Coconut Swirl).  The entire tag was then sprayed with October Afternoon's sprinklers ("All Aboard" from the Boarding Pass Collection).  While that was drying, I colored with Copic markers (RV13, RV21, RV10, YG13, and G14).  After cutting this out, I adhered over the stamped image with pop dots.  I stamped "Celebrate..." (Technique Tuesday) on Coconut Swirl, cut to look like a banner and adhered also with pop dots.  I added Tim Holtz's Antique Linen Distressed Stickles to the candle.  Flowers and leaves (misc) were added to the bottom of the tag and a few at the top. I added a small clear embellishment to the center of one flower (Webster's Pages). The edges were inked with Colorbox Chestnut Roan.  To finish this off, I tied ribbon to the top (American Crafts) and added a stick pin (Maya Road).  

No comments:

Post a Comment